During this outbreak of coronavirus many schools will want to ensure as little disruption to pupils’ education as possible. E2BN Internet4schools will continue to offer its help and support to our broadband and web filtering customers.
How Are We Supporting Schools and Families?
- Free learning resources accessible from home and schools from E2BN. Click here for more information.
- Enabling free secure and appropriate remote access to school networks for staff. Send your request to email@example.com
- Sharing up to date advice and links to other relevant organisations and sources of key information.
- Advice on online services that are suitable for remote learning.
- Providing safeguarding advice to schools and families about remote learning.
- Guidance for technical staff on secure working from home.
- Telephone and email technical support for our broadband and filtering customers.
- Still connecting up schools during the pandemic – case study
Official School Guidance
The DfE Coronavirus (COVID-19) page holds the official government guidance for schools. The page will be regularly updated so we recommend schools check this page daily. It is already very detailed and covers a number of areas.
The DfE has also opened a coronavirus helpline which staff, parents and young people can contact via phone (0800 046 8687) or email (DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may also wish to check the main gov.uk Coronavirus page, which includes information and guidance on all areas including travel and when to self-isolate.
The NHS page here gives information on the virus itself and sensible precautions to take.