Internet4schools provides safe, secure, reliable and fully supported broadband for schools, tailored to your needs.
Broadband for your school includes:
- The appropriate broadband bandwidth for your school (Full-fibre, Ultrafast or Superfast broadband)
- URL and Content web filtering (DfE compliant with IWF and PREVENT safeguarding features)
- Firewall security
- Secure site-to-site VPN connectivity
- Secure remote access for staff
- Fully managed service
- UK support with direct access to the technical support team
Because you might have some very specific requirements for your school’s broadband, we are always happy to adapt our service to your needs. Our service features are listed below.
Please Contact us via our online form or give us a call on 01462 833300 to discuss your requirements.
Fully Managed Service
With a fully managed service we do much more than simply connect a fibre circuit to your building. We take care of your filtering, firewall and general internet needs so that you can concentrate on your teaching and learning with reliable connectivity. If you do prefer to manage it yourself, we will support and train you and still be available to help if you need us.
Internet4schools is a fully managed service. Using remote access we can resolve most issues without even coming on site. Our technical services team are based in the UK and know your product inside out.
Public IP Addresses
Internet4schools will provide the public IP addresses that you need - included in your annual charges.
24/7 Monitoring and 99% – 99.95% uptime (depends on connection type)
We monitor your connection 24/7, consistently meeting 99% or better up-time
Dedicated Account Manager and Service Manager
Protex Web Filtering provides URL and Content web filtering. Unlike many solutions, Protex Web Filtering carries out real-time checking of all content, regardless on whether the web page is http or https. Transparent age-appropriate filtering profiles are applied for all groups of users.
IWF, PREVENT & DfE compliant
Protex Web Filtering is fully compliant with the Department for Education statutory guidelines ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. This includes:
- Compliance with PREVENT Duty guidance by integration and automatic updating of the 'police assessed list of unlawful terrorist content, produced on behalf of the Home Office'.
- Blocking access to illegal Child Abuse Images (by actively implementing the IWF URL list)
- Membership of the IWF
Microsoft AD integration
We can integrate with your school’s active directory and assign filtering based on your profiles.
Our user friendly interface allows you to generate a range of daily, weekly or termly reports. You can ask for information such as the top 100 sites visited or how often a particular resource is being used. If you can’t find a report you need, we will you create it for you, or show you how to do it yourself.
VPN – Virtual Private Network
We can provide secure networks for site-to-site connections, e.g. schools within a federation, as well as secure home working access.
We will support and work with your staff, governors and your parents to ensure you are up-to-date with the latest guidance and regulations with our services, including training sessions.
NEN – The Education Network access
Our services also peer through the JANET network provided by JISC, as such we are able to provide access to NEN – The Education Network which provides a host of freely available educational content.
We provide a Domain Name service (DNS) through our parent company E2BN. Academies (MATs), schools and organisations that pay for Internet4schools broadband can use our name servers free of charge to host their domain records. We will make any necessary changes on your behalf.
Education Firewall & Controls
Our on-site Protex Pro 5 server provides your gateway to the internet. It provides a range of firewall facilities such as blocking all unauthorised external access, allowing only specific users and devices to access your internal network from outside. Full support for VPN, VoIP, SIP, NAT and port-forward.
G Suite for Education
G-Suite for Education Support Commissioning and added services to the excellent free to Education Package
- Support of your G Suite primary and subdomains
- Admin management of your G Suite primary and subdomains
- Creation and editing of accounts; including adding new accounts as part of the school’s annual update process
- Troubleshooting of Domain Naming Service (DNS) problems affecting G Suite Services
- Support for G Suite core applications: Gmail, Calendar, Cloud Search, Classroom Directory, Drive & Docs, Groups, Hangouts, Keep, Google+, Google Vault and Google Sites
- Support of the currently available Google Additional Services applications e.g. Chrome Management, Google Analytics, Photos, YouTube, Locations and Maps
- Support for Google Cloud Sync
- Support for managing and creating G Suite reports
- Support for managing and creating core and bespoke admin roles
- Support for G Suite Device Management for Android and iOS devices
- Chrome OS Management for Chrome Devices with a valid Chrome Management license
- Support for Hangout Meets video conferencing hardware with a valid Chrome Upgrade license
- G Suite professional development 8-week training programme at your own pace for getting the best out of G Suite for Education for all your staff
A second Internet circuit to act as an automatic failover should the main circuit become faulty can be provided where required.
What schools say about our broadband service
To ensure a smooth transition, E2BN carried out detailed site and network surveys at each school. Orders were placed for telephone/broadband lines and hardware during January with a view to going live before LA services were due to cease. Read more