Buying fast, safe, secure, reliable, and fully supported school broadband tailored to your needs has never been so easy.
Broadband for your school includes:
- The most appropriate broadband bandwidth for your school needs. Usually full-fibre in compliance with DfE Broadband internet standards in schools and colleges. However, in geographical areas where there is no full-fibre or for very small settings such as nurseries, we can provide FTTC Superfast broadband)
- URL and Content web filtering (compliant with DfE filtering and monitoring in schools and colleges standards, and KCSiE appropriate filtering)
- Firewall security (as required by DfE Broadband internet standards in schools and colleges)
- Secure site-to-site VPN connectivity
- Secure remote access for staff
- Fully managed service
- UK support with direct access to the technical support team
Because you might have some very specific requirements for your school broadband, we are always happy to adapt our service to your needs. Our service features are listed below.
Please Contact us via our online form or give us a call on 01462 833300 to discuss your requirements.
Fully Managed Service
With a fully managed service we do much more than simply connect a fibre circuit to your building. We take care of your filtering, firewall and general internet needs so that you can concentrate on your teaching and learning with reliable connectivity. If you do prefer to manage it yourself, we will support and train you and still be available to help if you need us.
Internet4schools is a fully managed service. Using remote access we can resolve most issues without even coming on site. Our technical services team are based in the UK and know your product inside out.
Dedicated Account Manager and Service Manager
24/7 Monitoring and 99% – 99.95% uptime (depends on connection type)
We monitor your connection 24/7, consistently meeting 99% or better up-time
Online Safety Support
We will support and work with your staff, governors and your parents to ensure you are up-to-date with the latest guidance and regulations with our services, including training sessions.
Protex Web Filtering provides URL and Content web filtering. Unlike many solutions, Protex Web Filtering carries out real-time checking of all content, regardless on whether the web page is http or https. Transparent age-appropriate filtering profiles are applied for all groups of users.
Protex Web Content Filtering is included in the Internet4schools' broadband package
Appropriate Filtering documentation as referenced in DfE's 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'
IWF, PREVENT & DfE compliant
Protex Web Filtering is fully compliant with the Department for Education statutory guidelines ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. This includes:
- Compliance with PREVENT Duty guidance by integration and automatic updating of the 'police assessed list of unlawful terrorist content, produced on behalf of the Home Office'.
- Blocking access to illegal Child Abuse Images (by actively implementing the IWF URL list)
- Membership of the IWF
Microsoft AD integration
We can integrate with your school’s on-premise Active Directory and assign filtering based on your AD group memberships.
Our user friendly interface allows you to generate a range of daily, weekly or termly reports. You can ask for information such as the top 100 sites visited or how often a particular resource is being used. If you can’t find a report you need, we will you create it for you, or show you how to do it yourself.
VPN – Virtual Private Network
We can provide secure networks for site-to-site connections, e.g. schools within a federation, as well as secure home working access.
NEN – The Education Network access
Our services also peer through the JANET network provided by JISC, as such we are able to provide access to NEN – The Education Network which provides a host of freely available educational content.
Public IP Addresses
Internet4schools will provide the public IP addresses that you need - included in your annual charges.
We provide a Domain Name Service (DNS) through our parent company E2BN. Academies (MATs), schools and organisations that pay for Internet4schools broadband can use our name servers free of charge to host their domain records. We will make any necessary changes on your behalf.
Education Firewall & Controls
Our on-site Protex Pro 5 server provides your gateway to the internet. It provides a range of firewall facilities such as blocking all unauthorised external access, allowing only specific users and devices to access your internal network from outside. Full support for VPN, VoIP, SIP, NAT and port-forward.
A second Internet circuit to act as an automatic failover should the main circuit become faulty can be provided where required.
G Suite for Education
G-Suite for Education Support Commissioning and added services to the excellent free to Education Package
- Support of your G Suite primary and subdomains
- Admin management of your G Suite primary and subdomains
- Creation and editing of accounts; including adding new accounts as part of the school’s annual update process
- Troubleshooting of Domain Naming Service (DNS) problems affecting G Suite Services
- Support for G Suite core applications: Gmail, Calendar, Cloud Search, Classroom Directory, Drive & Docs, Groups, Hangouts, Keep, Google+, Google Vault and Google Sites
- Support of the currently available Google Additional Services applications e.g. Chrome Management, Google Analytics, Photos, YouTube, Locations and Maps
- Support for Google Cloud Sync
- Support for managing and creating G Suite reports
- Support for managing and creating core and bespoke admin roles
- Support for G Suite Device Management for Android and iOS devices
- Chrome OS Management for Chrome Devices with a valid Chrome Management license
- Support for Hangout Meets video conferencing hardware with a valid Chrome Upgrade license
- G Suite professional development 8-week training programme at your own pace for getting the best out of G Suite for Education for all your staff
Webroot provides unrivaled protection of devices and servers from cyber attack. It detects and prevents attack from viruses, malware and ransomware. Find out more.
School Telephony (VoIP)
A VoIP phone system utilises your existing internet to carry phone calls instead of using expensive traditional phone lines. VoIP comes with a host of new features that will improve productivity and ease safety concerns across your school or Trust.
Our broadband lines are fully compatible with VoIP services - you will not need to install a separate broadband line for the phones.
What schools say about our broadband service
“We appointed Internet4schools to replace our previous broadband service. They managed the project with the utmost professionalism and their project management and communication skills were first-class. They achieved the installation date with time to spare.” Patrick Taggart, Academy Business Director, The Romero Catholic Academy
See other case studies and references